We hope the following summary of our financial policy helps you understand what we expect from you in return for the quality care you will receive.
- - Initial visit for a new patient, payment is required regardless of insurance coverage. Unless prior approval was given.
- - Your Insurance is ultimately between you and your employer/insurance company. We will do everything we can to help you maximize your insurance benefits.
- - In order for us to do this you must provide our office with your insurance identification number which maybe your social security number or employee id, the name of your insurance company, their phone, and mailing address, as well as that of your employer so we will be better equipped to estimate your co-pay at each visit.
- - At each visit, you will be responsible for paying the estimated portion your insurance will not cover.
- - If payment is not received from your insurance carrier within 60 days from date of service, you will be responsible for any balance due.
- - As a courtesy to you, if extensive treatment is required a pre-determination claim can be filed with your insurance company. This will give you a more definitive estimate of your co-pay.
- - Any fees not covered by your insurance are your responsibility and need to be paid at each visit, unless prior payment arrangements have been made. Payment arrangements/plans are available for extensive treatment. Payment plans must be discussed and approved before treatment with our financial counselor.
A good doctor/patient relationship is based on open communications. Our office staff will answer any questions you may have now or in the future. We look forward to providing you with exceptional dental care.